I'm a new hire/new student. How do I obtain a new ID card?
Start by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your UID number and a digital photo of yourself following the below parameters:
- Any passport photo
- A non-passport photo fitting the following requirements:
- The photo must be of only the student (no group photos)
- The photo must be taken from directly in front of the student (no side angles)
- The photo must be in color
- The photo must have a solid background
- No sunglasses, hats, hoods, masks, etc.
- JPEG format, under 1 MB if possible
If your photo fails to meet one or more of these requirements, you will be notified and asked to resubmit the photo.
How do I get my card to work for building access?
Initially, cards must be activated for lab building access by a department administrator or supervisor.
Card Services does not handle door permissions; that function is handled exclusively by Campus Security. Security can be reached via e-mail at email@example.com or by telephone at 626-395-4701.
How do I report a lost ID card or request a replacement card?
Use the IMSS help system to report a lost card or request a replacement. See our help page for details.
What is the fee for replacing a lost ID card?
The fee to replace a lost ID card is $15.
I’ve submitted an online request for a lost card. How long does it usually take to receive my card in the mail?
Cards sent out in the morning normally arrive 1-2 business days. If you sent a request for a card and have not received your card in the mail within this time frame, please contact us.